The moats and ponds of Castle Wickrath are fed by the Niers river. The main castle and the secondary buildings were constructed on two artificial islands which are connected by a bridge. The castle is surrounded by spacious elaborate parks. The actual castle was demolished in 1859 due to disrepair and a manor-house for the state equerry was built in its place. The remaining most eye-catching buildings are the east and west wing secondary buildings, which were built as horse stables. In the course of extensive renovations, the Nassauer stable was turned into a festive hall and social housing was created in the rest of the west wing.
|Contact||Diese Seite gibt es auch auf Deutsch.|