Castle Brüggen and the mill have been documented first in 1289. The castle secured the crossing of two trade routes at the only passable ford across the River Schwalm. Of the formerly four round towers in the corners of the fortress, only one remains. The bridge across the moat leads through the main gate and onto the inner ward. Today the castle is home to a natural history museum and the tourist information office. The mill on the other side of the road was turned into a restaurant called "Alte Brüggener Mühle."
|Contact||Diese Seite gibt es auch auf Deutsch.|