Amern is situated in the lower Rhine region. Since the amalgamation in 1970, it is a district of the municipality Schwalmtal, which consists of the two larger districts Waldniel and Amern and many smaller settlements with only a few hundred inhabitants each. The catholic St. George Church was mentioned as early as the 15th century. The building was destroyed in a fire in 1876 and rebuilt larger in the following years. In 1900 the spire was extended.
|Contact||Diese Seite gibt es auch auf Deutsch.|